Veritas Small Scraping Plane
Veritas Small Scraping Plane is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
FREE delivery on orders over £75. (Est 1-3 working days)
Main Carrier: Royal Mail Tracked 24.
- A Veritas Small Scraping Plane, ideal for final smoothing of small, flat surfaces, even highly figured timber or small areas of difficult grain within a larger surface.
- This scraper plane is suited for use after the surface has been worked, including possibly after a smoothing plane has been used.
- The small scraper plane replaces the need to sand.
- Length: 135mm (5 3/8"), Width: 50mm (2"), Weight: 700g.
- High carbon steel blade 50mm (2") wide, 1mm thick.
The Veritas small scraper plane removes the requirement to sand a piece of work before applying a finish, to the point it assists in bringing out the wood grain figuration opposed to muting it as with sandpaper. This is acheived because the scaper plane cuts the wood fibres rather than tears them.
The scraper blade spans the full width of the plane.
The plane has an adjustable palm rest (which pivots to either side) allows the plane to be used right up to a vertical face.
Depth of cut is regulated by applying camber to the blade.
By slightly bowing or arching the blade, you also eliminate ridges in the work surface caused by blade corners.
Length: 135mm (5 3/8")
Width: 50mm (2")
Blade Width 50mm (2")
Cutting Edge Grind: 45 degrees
Pitch / Blade Angle: 20 degrees forward from vertical
Tool Manufacturer: Veritas Tools (Canada)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.