Veritas No.1 Bevel-Up Bench Plane
Veritas No.1 Bevel-Up Bench Plane - Veritas No.1 Bevel-Up Bench Plane is backordered and will ship as soon as it is back in stock.
Couldn't load pickup availability
FREE delivery on orders over £75. (Est 1-3 working days)
Main Carrier: Royal Mail Tracked 24.
- A Veritas Bevel-Up Bench Plane designed for many small scale jobs or for working with small areas of difficult grain.
- features an adjustable mouth that can be closed to a narrow slit for fine shavings
- A low cutting angle minimizes fibre tearing in end grain.
- Fully adjustable with a Norris style blade depth and lateral adjuster, as well as an adjustable mouth.
- blade is bedded at 15 degrees, which results in an effective cutting angle of 40 degrees with the 25 degree lapped PMV-11 blade.
- Length: 148mm (5 7/8"), Width: 45mm (1 13/16").
- PMV11 high performance lapped tool steel blade.
- For sale within the UK / EU only.
A Veritas small bevel-up smoothing plane.
The Veritas Bevel -up bench plane has all the features of a standard smoothing plane. It can be used for small scale work or for addressing small areas of difficult grain. What sets this plane apart is its small size, which also makes it an ideal plane for woodworkers with small hands. The bevel-up configuration lets you vary the cutting angle as needed by altering the blade bevel angle. A low cutting angle minimizes fibre tearing in end grain.
The Veritas No.1's plane blade is bedded at 15 degrees, which results in an effective cutting angle of 40 degrees with the 25 degree lapped PMV-11 blade. The PMV-11 blade is a high performance powdered metal alloy blade hardened to RC60-63, this offers superior edge retention even at bevel angles below 25 degrees, whilst still being sharpenable with conventional abrasives.
This little Veritas No. bevel-up bench / smoothing plane features an adjustable mouth that can be closed to a narrow slit for fine shavings with minimal tear out or mouth can be opened for heavier cuts. These adjustments can be done quickly and accurately with the toe locking knob and the unique mouth brass adjustment screw.
The plane body is fully stress relieved, ductile iron. It's accurately machined and ground so that the sole is flat and the sides are square to the sole.
The plane is fully adjustable with a Norris style blade depth and lateral adjuster, as well as an adjustable mouth. Hardwood handles are shaped to give a comfortable grip in the handle, good smooth finish.
Length: 148mm (5 7/8")
Width: 45mm (1 13/16")
Weight: 545 grams (approx)
Blade Width: 31mm (1 7/32")
Tool Manufacturer: Veritas Tools (Canada)
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.